Determine Your Needs
When you are looking for the best personal injury lawyer to represent you in your case, you should give some consideration to your circumstances and the type of claim you are pursuing. For instance, if you sustained serious injuries in a motorcycle accident, then your interests would be better served by searching for a Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer instead of a Los Angeles car accident lawyer. While a lawyer who specializes in car accidents could help you in your case, finding a lawyer who works with people just like you will provide you with a higher chance of receiving fair compensation for your injuries.
Evaluate Credentials, Experience, And Track Records
After you have determined which kind of personal injury case you will pursue, you should take some time to evaluate your options. Los Angeles personal injury lawyers are not equal in their abilities and experience, and choosing the right one is a key component of your success.
Begin your search by evaluating the credentials of prospective lawyers. Every practicing lawyer will have been licensed by the State Bar of California, but some lawyers will have more noteworthy credentials than others. At Los Angeles City Law, each of our lawyers has been thoroughly trained at leading universities. Contact us to request more information about our lawyers’ credentials.
After you have evaluated a lawyer’s credentials, you should then evaluate whether or not they have the experience required to provide you with the legal representation you deserve. We have taken on hundreds of cases in the area, and we stay current on all of the relevant laws and regulations. Los Angeles City Law also has a record of winning 98 percent of the cases we take on, and we are proud to provide each of our clients with the experienced representation they need.
Write Down Your Questions
Suffering a personal injury raises a number of questions, and you may find yourself forgetting to ask important ones during your initial consultation. To ensure that each of your questions is answered during your case evaluation, begin thinking about the questions you would like to ask ahead of time and write them down immediately. Some of the most important questions we are asked include:
- Do I owe any fees if you take on my case?
- At Los Angeles City Law, we will not charge you any fees until we have won your case and recovered compensation for your damages.
- How long will it take to resolve my case?
- While the answer to this question depends on the circumstances of the case, we work quickly and aggressively to resolve the cases we take on as expediently as possible.
- Will I receive regular updates about my case?
- Los Angeles City Law is dedicated to providing clients with up-to-date information through each step of the process. Unlike other Los Angeles personal injury firms who have clients speak to paralegals or administrative staff members, our lawyers will always be the ones who answer your questions.
- Have you worked with clients like me before?
- At Los Angeles City Law, we have almost certainly worked with clients just like you. While each and every case we take on is unique, we have taken on hundreds of cases that have helped us to develop highly effective strategies. If you would like to learn more about how we have helped people in similar situations to your own, then please call our office at 866-522-4895.
Do not hesitate to call or email our law firm with any additional questions you have about your case. We know that a personal injury case can be stressful, and every member of our firm is dedicated to providing you with transparent, prompt, and informative responses.
Gather Important Documents
After you have chosen to work with our personal injury lawyers, we will ask you to provide as much documentation about your case as possible, as thorough evidence regarding your injuries and the scene of the accident will be a key component of your case. While much of the documentation you provide will be relevant in court, thoroughly documented evidence will also help your personal injury lawyer determine how they should proceed in your case.
Some of the most important documents you can gather include:
- Photographs: No matter what type of personal injury you have suffered, thoroughly documenting your injuries with photographs will help your lawyer seek compensation in court. If possible, take photographs of your injuries, the scene of the accident, and any property that was damaged. Try to take shots from multiple angles, and call our office immediately if you are unable to take photographs on your own. We will send a member of our office to help you document your injuries and the scene of the accident.
- Medical records: You should always see a doctor immediately after an accident, even if you do not believe that you sustained serious injuries. In some cases, symptoms will take weeks to develop, and this can make it difficult for your lawyer to prove a causal connection between the accident and your symptoms. Whenever you visit a healthcare provider, make sure that you ask for copies of any medical expenses you incur as a result of the accident.
- Police report: Obtain any police reports that are relevant to your case. If you are unsure of how to obtain a police report, then our firm will gladly advise you and help you secure the documentation we need.
- Changes in your daily life: While economic damages can be pursued fairly easily, personal injuries often cause lasting changes that are difficult to monetize. If an injury is preventing you from enjoying hobbies, relationships, or activities, then write these changes down and we will help you pursue non-economic damages for your losses when appropriate.